Monday, July 20, 2009

The Twilight


I still remember those summer days of my childhood. I used to spend most of my time at home. For me my home, the garden, the neem tree and the gauva tree were the most familiar things. It was a perfect solace to sit under the neem tree and to look at the beautiful flowers and butterflies flying around them. The refreshing smell of tulsi made the air blessed and heavenly . Grandmother used to prepare pala ,an oil lamp and gave it to me place it under tulsi and light it bow before the plant. It was done everyday during the twilight. When i lit the pala the whole garden became bright and beautiful. I looked at the light that burned so bright in the dark and the light fell on the leaves and the flowers making it gleaming and shiny. I wished I could stay there all night looking at the pala and smelling the sweet fragrance in the air, feeling the soothing wind blowing around me. I looked up at the sky and could see the millions of stars shining so beautifully. And I could see the crescent moon gleaming so white. God made them shine so that nobody could feel lonely and scared. I prayed for a while thanking God that I had father and mother and grandmother who loved me more than anything else in the world. It such an intense feeling I could not hold my tears. I looked at the windosa of my granmother's room and she was sitting there making cotton threads for the next day to light the palas. She used to make bundles and bundles of them. I said goodnight grandma and she blessed me and said to have a happy dream. Mother and father were waiting for me the dinner and I joined them. I told them it was such lovely outside and they nodded. We could feel the cool wind outside and fragrance in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment